On this cushion artwork copper panel Bosschaert has painted with great delicacy and precision a bouquet of relatively common flowers - among them tulips, roses, wallflowers, daffodils and a carnation. It is also called as Still Life of Flowers. He has described them with the precision of a botanical illustrator and yet carefully balanced the composition in terms of form and colour. In order both to enliven the painting and display his own virtuosity he has added a butterfly, a caterpillar and a fly. The bouquet is placed in a wine glass or roemer (with its characteristic tear-shaped blobs of glass on the stem) which serves as a vase.
Bosschaert would have been able to study the flowers in the gardens of botanists and collectors in Middelburg.
- Vegan–friendly, super soft faux suede (100% Polyester) with a coloured back panel and zip fasting.
- Our 100% cotton / linen mix gives a natural feel and look. It is finished with a concealed zip.
- All our heritage and retro collections are best suited to this fabric choice.
- 1046120 NG Code
- Lovingly handmade in UK
- Machine washable (check care label prior to washing)
- Design is Printed on one side only