Guitar (1933) - TATE - Ben NicholsonDeckchair
By using an oddly shaped piece of wooden board rather than canvas, Nicholson created a work that lies somewhere between sculpture and painting. The effect is heightened by the texture of the surface, which was prepared with a layer of special plaster that the artist cut into while it was still wet. Though now framed, Nicholson preferred to leave the work unprotected.
Great for relaxing in the garden and a perfect picnic accessory, this eye-catching deck chair can easily be folded flat and stored away when not in use.
- The deckchair slings are made from very hard wearing canvas polyester sail cloth, and printed using state-of-the-art technology. Hard wearing and durable in all weather conditions.
- The frame is handmade in UK from birch wood oil soaked.
- Our deckchairs have a cross-section of 22mm x 47mm providing far greater strength than most spindly, wobbly deckchairs.
- Lovingly printed and assembled in the UK using FSC sustainably sourced beech hardwood
- Free UK Delivery - FED EX - Overseas Customers please contact us prior to making a purchase.