Degas is famous as a painter of ballet dancers, and the theme of the dance class or rehearsal was one of the preoccupations of his later career.
This study relates to several other drawings and paintings by Degas, including the Ballet Class in the Bhrle Collection, Zurich. The pose of the foreground dancer adjusting her slipper is repeated in numerous paintings and a sculpture. The use of a coarse canvas and the sketchy nature of the painting are typical of Degas later work.
- Vegan–friendly, super soft faux suede (100% Polyester) with a coloured back panel and zip fasting.
- Our 100% cotton / linen mix gives a natural feel and look. It is finished with a concealed zip.
- All our heritage and retro collections are best suited to this fabric choice.
- 1045527 NG Code
- Lovingly handmade in UK
- Machine washable (check care label prior to washing)
- Design is Printed on one side only