‘Passenger Express: The Symbol of Comfortable Travel’. Cushion produced for London Midland & Scottish Railway (LMS) to promote the comfortable services they can offer passengers.The cushion shows a steam train with large clouds of smoke billowing from its funnel as it speeds under a bridge. Artwork by Norman Wilkinson, who studied art at Portsmouth and Southsea Schools of Art. A famous marine painter, he designed posters for the London & North Western Railway (LNWR), the London & Midlands Railway (LMR) and Southern Railway (SR) and organised the Royal Academy series of posters for the London & Midlands Railway (LMR) in 1924.
We now offer size, fabric & filling options on selected cushion collections. So please use the drop menu on the right, to customize your order.
- Vegan–friendly, super soft faux suede (100% Polyester) with a coloured back panel and zip fasting.
- Our 100% cotton / linen mix gives a natural feel and look. It is finished with a concealed zip.
- All our heritage and retro collections are best suited to this fabric choice.
All cushions are:
- Lovingly handmade in UK
- Machine washable (check care label prior to washing)
- Design is Printed on one side only