‘The George Bennie Railplane System of Transport: Swift, Safe, Sure'. Poster promoting the George Bennie Railplane System. The poster states that the railplane was 'erected over LNER LINE - Milngavie Station'. It was actually over an LNER (London & North Eastern Railway) siding to Burnbrae Dye Works. The poster shows the Railplane (a suspended monorail for passengers set above the existing railway) with an LNER locomotive seen travelling underneath. The project, funded by George Bennie, was set up at Burnbrae, near Milngavie, East Dunbartonshire, as an experiment. It was dismantled in 1956.
- Vegan–friendly, super soft faux suede (100% Polyester) with a coloured back panel and zip fasting.
- Our 100% cotton / linen mix gives a natural feel and look. It is finished with a concealed zip.
- All our heritage and retro collections are best suited to this fabric choice.
- Lovingly handmade in UK
- Machine washable (check care label prior to washing)
- Design is Printed on one side only