Produced by London & North Eastern Railway (LNER) to promote rail travel to the Yorkshire coast. The cushion shows a bird’s-eye view of the coast near Whitby, with a train travelling along parallel to the coastline. Artwork by Frank Henry Mason (1876-1965), who was educated at HMS Conway and spent time at sea. He painted marine and coastal subjects and was involved in engineering and shipbuilding. He designed railway posters for the North Eastern Railway (NER), Great Western Railway (GWR) and London & North Eastern Railway (LNER).
This railway cushion represents art produced around 1930 by London & North Eastern Railway showing pleasant view of railway passing from Yorkshire Coast near Whiteby.
We now offer size, fabric & filling options on selected cushion collections. So please use the drop menu on the right, to customize your order.
- Vegan–friendly, super soft faux suede (100% Polyester) with a coloured back panel and zip fasting.
- Our 100% cotton / linen mix gives a natural feel and look. It is finished with a concealed zip.
- All our heritage and retro collections are best suited to this fabric choice.
All cushions are:
- Lovingly handmade in UK
- Machine washable (check care label prior to washing)
- Design is Printed on one side only